“The unique task for an artist is to create a ’sign’. My sculptures are concise signs of human life, emotions and consciousness, signs that show struggle, solitude and love, separation and relations, fertility and sacrifices, but always the eternal victory of human being.”
- 1932 born in Balatonszabadi, Hungary
- 1958 Hungarian Academy of Fine Art, diploma
- 1952 first representation in collective exhibition in Hungary
- 1958 member of the Hungarian Art Fund
- 1965 member of the Union of the Hungarian Fine- and Applied Arts
- 2004 member of Who’s Who Art club international, Geneva
- 2005 member of Salon des Artistes Indépendants, Paris
From 1966 on his works were shown on many one-man exhibitions both in Hungary and abroad. During the past five decades he participated in various international art shows, symposia, art congresses in Hungary, in numerous countries of Europe and outside of Europe and was a guest teacher at Dortmund University
From 1986 on in the most part of year he lived and worked in Italy, mainly in Carrara.
His sculptures were erected in about thirty towns, villages in Hungary and almost in every country of Europe as well as in Columbia, India, Israel, Turkey.
His works have been in numerous private collections, museums, banks, art foundations in Hungary as well as in Europe, India and in the US.
Master of stone – he was often called. He always worked by himself, he always carved alone even working on a five-metre tall marble or a small-scale onyx sculpture, during the past decades he often worked with a special technique of high-pressured sand.
Mainly worked in every type of marble, granite and stone, but he carved in wood and onyx as well.
He passed away in 2013 in Budapest.